Before we start on the adventure of mosaic creation, here is a list of the things that are needed to make one’s life easier, relatively arranged in order of importance:
– Glass of wine (or whatever drink you prefer; of course, drunk responsibly)
– Rock mosaic, tiles, rock or glass pebbles, plates or other materials that you like and want to use
– Base for the mosaic (pots, ply wood cut in different shapes, albums, mirrors, clocks, whatever you wish to prettify)
– Glue, hopefully water resistant as well (the better, the better); this may also help with patience if sniffed enough. :p Be careful with inhalations of toxic fumes!
– Tile nippers
– Protection glasses and gloves (safety first – glass tiles can be quite dangerous, I know from experience)
– Cloth (to help break the tiles without hurting yourself or turning your house in a wasteland)
– Big pot with warm water (if you buy mosaic tiles from stores and need to unglue them from their support)
– Mosaic grout, colored or white (if used)
– Boxes or pots or whatever you wish to use to store your tiles and utensils
– Brushes and paint (in some cases)
– Pencil and scissors
– A quiet little place that is all yours (ideally)
Next time we’ll embark on the road of material preparation and maybe even finish a project. Are you up for it?